Monday, March 31, 2008

She has learned well!

In an effort to help Katelynn not become quite such a tv junkie, I will often turn on a CD after Sesame Street is done and play with her or take her outside so she will forget about the tv for a while. I'm not anti-tv, but neither do I want it on 24-7.

This morning we were playing with the Play-doh that my mom and dad gave her last week and I popped in a John Denver CD that I have. I am admittedly a John Denver geek, so much so that Matt makes fun of me for it. When I was pregnant with Katelynn, I watched a PBS special about John Denver. Every time they would play some of his songs, she would start kicking. I didn't have the tv on very loud, but I thought it was neat how she would kick only when the singing was going on. If someone was talking, she'd quit.

So we're playing with Play-doh and John Denver is playing and the CD came to the song "Thank God I'm a Country Boy". It was a live version. I was enjoying the song and on her own, Katelynn heard the clapping on the CD and began clapping and saying "Cap, cap, cap!" She seemed to really like it!

Poor Matt...it seems like he has two John Denver geeks on his hands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, just look at it this way. You could be a Barry Manilow geek, and Katelynn instead could be dancing and clapping when she hears, "Her name was Lola....she was a showgirl..." =-D I bet Matt would love that!