Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Water Update

After some confusion yesterday, we now have water.

I knew Matt had called the water softener company and left a message, but I didn't hear all that he had told them. He was inquiring after the part we needed and that was all. When the company called me yesterday morning they offered to send someone out to look at the tank, which they did. The technician said that yes it was the part that needed to be replaced. He did not have that part in his truck, would have to go back to the shop to get it, but would replace it on his way home from work. Apparently he doesn't live too far from us.

He then wrote up the bill which consisted of the part, the service call & sales tax. I wrote him a check and then emailed Matt the details. Matt immediately called me to go over the figures and kept saying that he didn't understand why they sent someone out when all he wanted was the part. I had told him earlier in the morning that they were sending someone out. I didn't like the service charge, but it's a part of it. Things just didn't add up to Matt so he called the company to clarify the situation.

Long story short, the manager made things right. They couldn't find a new cap, but found a used cap in very good condition and sold it to us for $10. The caveat being that it was 3:30ish by this point and they closed at 4:30. If we wanted water last night (and if Matt did not want to sleep on the couch), Matt had to get to warehouse, shop, whatever it was by the time they closed for the day. Also, they handed the check I wrote back to him.

Within ten minutes after Matt got home, we had water again. And there was much rejoicing! Yea!!!

Side note, for those inquiring to when new Katelynn pictures will be posted, I will post them during nap time this afternoon. Right now it's early in the day and it's time for me to start house cleaning since we have friends coming over Saturday night.

No comments: