Monday, December 15, 2008

So I Can Post Now...

After some technical difficulty I am back in the posting game.

Last Wednesday I went in for my ultrasound and found out we're having another girl! No news on baby names yet. Yes, I have heard repeatedly that "Allison" is a nice name for a girl. But we're not using that, sorry! One Alley is enough for the family. :) Right now we're pretty stumped on figuring out what the name will be. The names I like, Matt feels so-so about or doesn't like and vice versa with the names he likes. I guess I had psyched myself up about having a boy, I didn't think too much about girl names so I think that's what's making it harder this time around. But don't fret...we've got until mid-April. :)

Katelynn's continuing to inch closer and closer to "big girl world". We finally got around to taking the rail off her crib. We had intended to around Memorial Day but just kept saying, "Oh we'll do that later!" Not realizing that 9 months had gone by or anything!! So we were a little nervous about how she was going to handle it. She's been amazingly good. She'll complain a little bit or actually roll out of bed if we're in there. But we put her back in and close the door and that's it. Honestly I don't care if she plays the whole naptime, as long as she stays in her room and that has been what has happened, even at night. She hasn't figured out yet that she can just roll out of bed and walk out of her room. No one tell her, okay????

We're still encouraging her on the potty training and have seen a little progress. A smidgen really. She's now verbally telling us that she needs to be changed instead of just handing us a pull-up. But when we ask if she'll be a big girl and use the potty, she responds, "No Kaykin! No potty!" and then runs screaming in the opposite direction. I'll be in the corner banging my head against the wall. Don't mind me.

So Santa visited us over the weekend. I had gotten Matt a couple of books for Christmas and Katelynn "helped" me wrap them. When I was done, she put them under the tree. As soon as Matt came home she ran to the tree, picked up his presents and handed them to him. Well, we weren't ready to unwrap at that point, so I had her put them back. We were set to unwrap Saturday night and this was Friday night. Anyway, periodically throughout the day on Saturday she would go up to the tree, pick out his presents and throw them on his lap. I think she really remembered what ones were his. He got a couple of new books to read. I got a pregnancy message gift certificate and a new ring. But Katelynn really made out like a bandit. She got new clothes for her baby doll, a baking set, a medical kit, Legos and Dora the Explorer play-doh set. Dora and the Legos have been the 2 favorite toys and she will play with those all day if I let her.

Below are pictures from Santa day on Saturday. We let her unwrap one present Friday night (the baking kit) and the rest of the presents Saturday night.

Christmas 2008 121308

5 comments:

Amy said...

Maybe this is a little too obvious, but how about naming the baby "April"?

The average age for potty training is 35 months. You've got lots of time. But believe me, it's nice to have one out of diapers, and if you're looking at having a newborn in the house, well, the fewer diapers the better!!

Hugs,
Amy

Erin said...

Thanks Amy! :)

Anonymous said...

okay, i can take a hint. are you wanting to come up with a family-type name again? (like you did with "katelynn".)
i do like "faith" for a middle name. that way, you would have "joy," "grace," and "faith" all in the same family.

Anonymous said...

oh, and really cute pictures! did i see a purple ring on your right hand? is that your christmas present from matthew?

Erin said...

Alley, you are so good to put up with me! Yes, that is the ring I got for Christmas. It's a little big right now, but I know a time is coming that I won't be able to wear my wedding ring for a while. So hopefully I can wear the new ring instead and then after the baby's born we'll get it sized.