Saturday, August 02, 2008

Yummy Treat - Chocolate Butterscotch Cereal Bars

I went to the store yesterday and bought rice crispies. On the way home I thought I could make rice crispy treats. But once I was home I discovered I had one marshmallow left. What to do? What to do? Ah-ha! Calm my unending cravings for chocolate & peanut butter! Here we go...

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 cups crisp rice cereal
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips

Combine sugar & corn syrup in a large saucepan; bring just to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter. Stir in cereal. Press into greased 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking pan. Microwave the chips together and spread over cereal mixture. Chill in pan for 20 minutes or until firm. Cut into bars.

Double the recipe to put into a 13x9 pan. We don't need that much of it. Katelynn eats the chocolate off of it and hands the rest to me. I will eventually add pictures like the pioneer woman, but for now trust me...they are yummy!!

No comments: