Thursday, August 14, 2008

And the stories keep a-coming

First cute Katelynn story of the morning: Matt checked on Katelynn before he left for the day, as usual, and today he found that Katelynn was awake. He knew she would not be happy if he left her in the crib, so he brought her to our bed to hang out with me. Now I'm super tired and was hoping to have at least another hour (or 45 minutes at least) of extra sleep. Well Matt left and Katelynn was quiet for about 2 minutes, then she sat up, hopped off the bed and walked around the bed to my side. She walked up to the nightstand, began drumming her fingers on the nightstand, looking for something and humming. She saw my glasses and gasped. Then she handed me my glasses. Then she grabbed my hand and literally pulled me out of bed. This was at 7:15 this morning.

Second cute Katelynn story: We came out to the living room to watch the Today show and I had given her a cup of milk and a blueberry muffin for breakfast. I had also put some water in the tea kettle to heat up. She devoured the muffin. My water was ready so I went back to the kitchen to fix a cup of hot tea and Katelynn had followed me. She wanted another muffin. I put a second muffin on the plate and was about to say, "Katelynn, what do you say?" But I didn't get a chance to since she called over her shoulder, unprompted, "Thank you, Mommy!"

Third cute Katelynn story: Sesame Street was over and Katelynn wandered over to her kitchen and pulled out her little teacups. She brought one over to me and apparently she had taken only a small bite or two out of the second muffin. She broke the muffin in half and gave me half to eat.

Some days I think she's reached the peak of her cuteness and then she'll prove me wrong and that's okay. :)

No comments: