Keep your floss under lock & key
Yesterday I was in Katelynn's room trying for the hundredth time to unstick one of her dresser drawers. I had been calling her to come in the room so she could pick out her own clothes. But she had run off to the opposite side of the house. As I was struggling with the drawer, I noticed it had gotten extremely quiet, which is never a good sign. The moment I decided to check on her, the drawer amazingly went in to its slot and I called out for her. A tiny voice answered me from my bathroom. I walked in there to discover Katelynn standing on the toilet (the top was already down), grinning from ear to ear. "Hi Mommy!" And in her hands was my dental floss box, completely dismantled and floss was strewn about the room...yards of it.
Her latest trick is to grab my laundry basket, drag it to wherever she wants to go (again, usually my bathroom), flip it upside down so she can stand on it and then get into whatever she is thinking about at that moment. My makeup has been the prize as of late. She pretends to put on my makeup and it's very cute, until the moment where Mommy says it's time to go do something else. At that point there's no living with her for a few moments.
We enjoyed our 4th quite a bit. Missy was down and Katelynn took to her really well. Especially at bedtime. "Mimi! Mimi!" was what we would hear and Katelynn would climb up in her lap and look at her as if to say, "You won't send me to bed, would you?" Katelynn just likes her company too much and doesn't want to miss a thing.
We've been recovering from the weekend as best we can. Matt & I both came down with really bad head colds. Katelynn seems fine for the most part. Sleeping has been a joke though. I know I kept Matt up a lot Wednesday night and last night it was Matt's turn to wake me up throughout the night. But surprisingly I feel rather rested than I thought I would earlier this morning. Thank goodness for coffee. I don't know what I would do without it.

No comments:
Post a Comment