The Dark Side of Coffee
Katelynn and I have both been under the weather this past weekend. I'm taking her in to the doctor this morning so she can get some medicine for what looks like an ear infection.
I, on the other hand, made myself sick and didn't realize it. I usually get up at 5:30 every morning and by the time I get to work, I have to have coffee to wake up. On the weekends I get up a little later and I don't always feel like fixing coffee. Bad, bad idea!!! I've been (unwittingly) giving myself caffeine withdrawal headaches that last about 2-3 days the past two weekends. So compound that with a little girl who's not feeling well herself and I'm sure you can agree my head was pounding even more.
The lesson learned in all of this? If you must give up coffee and/or caffeine, do so gradually...not cold turkey!
Ah, let's see what are some of the bright moments happening this week? Grandma & Grandpa Long are coming down on Friday to get in their Katelynn and baseball time. Matt will be going on a whirlwind trip to LA and back this week. Katelynn will get the pleasure of having Mommy take her to daycare and home Wednesday and Thursday. I actually do like going in there to pick her up every once in a while. It's fun. :) Also, Matt's parents will get to visit daycare with Matt on Friday. He's taking the redeye back to get into West Palm a couple of hours before his parents do. He will be picking them up and then taking them to pick up Katelynn as well. Katelynn will be immenently pleased unless they take her away from her toys. I suppose then she'll glare at them.
I'm posting some new pictures of Katelynn from yesterday. I had taken them before we went to church and she was standing at our coffee table, smacking it with her hands and loving every minute of that. There should be some other pictures of her standing as well. She's getting better at that every day.


2 comments:
oh my goodness! look at that hair! she's got a mop on top!
i didn't know that you had a blog site. i'll put it in my favorites and check it often.
Yes, Katelynn has a mop of curly hair. There's hardly any way I can keep it looking neat. As soon as I comb it, she runs her hands through it.
Post a Comment