Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Morning Breakfast, etc.

Since I have request to blog my experiences with the girls this morning, I will do my best to cut and paste. :) It's just another day in the Long household...

Ahhh...I can type now that I have Abby in the pack & play. Sigh of relief!

So after Matt left, about 7:30 this morning, Abby was done with her bottle of milk. She squirmed off my lap and crawled in a beeline to Katelynn's door where she proceeded to stand up, bang on the door and yell loudly "KAAA-KAY!!!!!!!!!" It was closer to 8 before Katelynn appeared, but as soon as Abby heard Katelynn's door open, she was off in a flash, giggling hysterically. If that's not a "Good morning! I'm so glad to see you!" I don't know what is!

I asked Katelynn what she wanted for breakfast. She replied, "Oatmeal, please!" I showed her one of your instant packets of oatmeal and asked her if she was sure. She said she was. She ate pretty near 80% of it. I was proud of her. In the meantime, I got Abby's baby oatmeal ready and Abby found the box of granola bars and had dumped them out all over the floor. I told Abby we needed to put them back so she could eat and she tried to put them back in. She got a 3rd of them in the box. The other 2/3rds she tried missed the box, but she was trying. I made sure they all got back in.

We three sat down at the table: Katelynn with her oatmeal & water, Abby with her baby oatmeal & hawaiian delight and me with my cup of coffee. Katelynn & I sang "The Lord is Good to me" and Abby cackled and laughed and clapped her hands. The girls started eating. After a while, Katelynn looks at me and says, "Where's your breakfast Mommy?" I told her I was going to fix mine after I was done feeding Abby since my food would go cold anyway. It just makes sense for me to wait. Then Katelynn says, "You got your cup of coffee, right?" Right. "I know! Your coffee is your breakfast!" Well, it shouldn't be... "Oh yes it is!" A few moments later Katelynn asks, "What is Abby eating? I'll give her my oatmeal." I tell her that Abby has her own baby oatmeal and I show it to her. "Oohhh. Abby has baby oatmeal and I have big kid oatmeal." Katelynn returns to eating.

Abby has been zipping this way and that, and the final straw was her going up to the tv and turning it off. I knew I couldn't fire off an email to you if she was wandering around, so I needed to contain her for a little bit. And I am eating my breakfast of bagel & chive cream cheese. Mmmm...

So that is our day so far. Crazy and funny...wouldn't have it any other way. :)

1 comment:

Joy said...

I'm so glad that you committed this to print. This looks like a day you'll want to remember. How fun.