February update
Katelynn question of the month (I've heard this too many times to count!): "Mommy, what me doing?" Even though she knows the answer. Also heard recently, "I need help!" Although when she's in the bathroom she vigorously and emphatically yells her insistance that she does NOT need help only to beg for help 2 minutes later.
Anyway, in other Katelynn news, she seems to have recovered fully from the spill she took last week off the dining room chair which sent her & Matt to the ER at midnight. Her appetite and rambunctiousness is back although she does seem to have a small measure of calm and sobriety about her. We have made it official, as of today, that Katelynn will be going to a new preschool this fall. Even though we like her current preschool for the 3 year old class, they expressed concerns regarding Katelynn going into pre-K next year. After several conversations with friends and family as to where they thought Katelynn was developmentally and how this particular school is structured, I found a new preschool whose structure seems to fit Katelynn's personality much better. The curriculum is the same, but the structure of the day lets the kids be kids more rather than act like they are little kindergarteners at the age of 4.
Abby is getting interesting....very interesting! She is now crawling on all fours greater distances now. She's going from a foot or two to maybe 4-6 feet away? I'm guessing here. She's starting to wave and say hi when someone waves hi or bye to her. She does have 2 teeth and her fussiness over the weekend indicates to me that a 3rd tooth might be on the way. If I tell her "No, Abby." she stops and cries and then goes back to what she was doing before. She even responds that way to Katelynn. Poor thing, she's going to feel like she has two moms growing up. I know that feeling all too well. ha!
Things have calmed down a lot and I hope they stay that way for awhile! I've had enough excitement.

1 comment:
Is this the first midnight trip to the ER? Guess it had to come sometime. Glad to hear that all is well. How exciting to hear the little one is so fascinating to observe. It just sounds like every day is so filled of activity and Katelynn keeps you on your toes. Fun times. :)
Post a Comment