Another day closer...
Day 3 without Matt. I count Thursday as day 1 since he was at work all day before the trip. Thursday night was awful as Abby would not sleep through the night. At. All. I was up with her 5 times and after trying everything to get her to go to sleep, I put her in her crib for the umpteenth time, stumbled back to bed and was out like a light.
I managed to get about 4 hours of sleep, waking up at 6am to a crying Abby. Time to get her up anyway. She was snotty, coughing, crying and hot! I turned on the light and her skin was a rosy color all over, almost as if she had been sunburned. Taking her temperature wouldn't have told me much since it reads about 2 degrees low. I kept alternating between Tylenol & Motrin for her which seemed to manage her fever. She still had her appetite and acted like her old self after she had a bottle. But the congestion plus fever worried me. Remembering how Katelynn's ear infections would explode out of a simple running nose and mild fever, I felt as though I would be a very bad mommy if I didn't at least take Abby to the doctor to check her out. I took both the girls yesterday afternoon and the doctor said, "Yep, it's just a cold. Her ears are fine." She told me the things to watch out for for an ear infection and she gave me helpful hints to help Abby rest and me too. I absolutely HATE having to suction out her little nose. It seems so like baby torture, but it really does make her better. Her little "I'm sick" cry breaks my heart, but I have to play the Mom card and do the right thing for her. Thankfully they worked, since Abby slept about 13 hours last night.
Katelynn has been really good about going down for the night too. She tries her hardest to stall going to bed, saying she's afraid of the dark, she wants Daddy or Mommy to read one more story. But the past 2 nights without Matt, she has been good as gold.
All three of us still have colds, but we seem to be coping okay. I hope it's all gone by the time Matt gets back tomorrow.
A couple of minutes ago, both the girls were playing at the coffee table. And it's not at all unusual these days to see Abby grasping the table kneeling. As I was reading a friend's blog, Katelynn exclaimed at the top of her voice, "LOOK MOMMY!!! ABBY'S STANDING!!!!" And sure enough, she was on her own power. I would have taken a picture, if I had a camera. I did write it down on the calendar so I wouldn't forget to tell Matt.
Just over 24 hours before we hear from Matt again. I have never been so ready for a weekend to be over before!

1 comment:
It is so wonderful of you to allow Matt to go this weekend. Sounds like it has been a bit rough with the sickness. So glad to hear that it's not an ear ache. And at the same time it's fun to hear that you wished to have your camera. That even in light of the hard times of this weekend, your still exciting about her standing! That's so fun.
Post a Comment