Wednesday, November 04, 2009

HOW many boyfriends?!?!

Yesterday I was dropping Katelynn off at preschool. In typical Katelynn fashion, she runs from the car, to the door, inside to the classroom doorway and then freezes. I had Abby in the carseat on my right arm, not to mention holding my purse, so with my free hand I gently push Katelynn forward. She takes one step forward and then bounces back to where she was standing. Of course the teachers are happy to see her and encouraging her to come in, but she's being so shy.

As I was gently pushing Katelynn forward, another one of the moms stepped up beside me to drop off her son, Kaleb. She heard me say, "Let's go in Katelynn!" and she asked if that was Katelynn. I told her it was and then she said, "Kaleb says that Katelynn's his girlfriend at home." I asked if it was a little bit early for that kind of thing. She laughed and said, "Well, when I ask him about the boys in the class he says that Aaron's his friend, Luke is his friend and Hudson is his friend, but he's quick to say that Katelynn's his girlfriend." We chuckled over that as we prodded our kids into the classroom.

Later that night I recalled the story to Matt. His reaction was "What? Katelynn, is this true?" He then asked her if Kaleb was her ONLY boyfriend. She said, "No. Ummmmm....let's count. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Yep, nine." After that she started listing some of the girls in her class as her girlfriends. It was cute.

Matt thinks he's going to have to go to preschool and have a talk with some of these boys. hahaha!

No comments: