Stupid. Ants.
One of the joys of living here in Florida is dealing with critters: lizards, frogs, ants...thankfully no mice yet (knocking on wood). Lately the ants have been of the crazy variety and Matt has sprayed around the house because they've been finding their way inside. It doesn't seem to matter how much I sweep and mop, there always seems to be a few crawling around on the area rugs. I'm getting a little "antsy" to replace them.
This afternoon, Katelynn & I were playing puzzles on the floor while Abby was playing and eventually falling asleep under her activity gym next to us. Some time passed and she was asleep. My back was starting to hurt sitting on the floor for so long, so I let Katelynn continue to play while I got up to refill my cup of decaf coffee. Abby started crying. I peeked over to make sure Katelynn wasn't the instigator (she's been doing that all morning...waking Abby up when she's just gone to sleep). Katelynn was still playing with her puzzles, but I saw an ant crawling on Abby's face. "Those stupid ants!" I exclaimed as I picked it off of her and killed it. I placed Abby in the swing.
Katelynn asked, "What's wrong, Mommy? Is it stupid ants?"
Me: "It's okay Katelynn, you don't have to say stupid ants."
K: "Are there more stupid ants?"
Me: "Grrrr!!! Stop it Katelynn!"
K: "Stupid ants! Stupid ants! Stupid ants!"
Me: "Will you stop saying 'stupid ants' if I let you watch Mickey Mouse?" Perhaps I was desperate.
K: "Yay! Mickey Mouse! Stupid ants, Mommy!"
You'd think I would learn to watch what I say. At least she's not saying 'stupid ants' anymore.

1 comment:
hey now! i was no where near abby! oh wait, you mean the little six legged variety of ants? nevermind.....
katelynn still loves aunt alley, right? i'm not a "stupid aunt"?
Post a Comment