Saturday, April 18, 2009

Brand New Addition!

Here at the Long household, we welcomed a new family member last Saturday night. Sarah Abigail Long decided to come a few days earlier than planned on April 11th, at 8:38pm. Abby weighed 7lbs, 2oz and was 19in long. She's a happy and mellow baby. She seems to be adjusting well to life on the outside. Katelynn's doing well. She likes her baby sister and wants to help with everything!

Yesterday I tried to take an afternoon nap with Abby and Katelynn hopped up on the bed with us. She was being a little loud (not that Abby cared...she was out like a light), so I kept telling Katelynn she needed to be quiet because the baby was sleeping. She would whisper "Abby's sleeping! Shh!!" and then gently pat Abby on the head and lean over and give her a kiss, unprompted. My sweet little girl!

Below are all the pictures I can download, so enjoy for now! :)

2009-04-12

4 comments:

alley said...

very cute pictures! katelynn looks like she is enjoying being a big sister.

Amy said...

Everyone looks great! Doesn't Katelynn look HUGE now? Haha... The second time was SO much easier for me. Hope you find the same to be true.

Congrats from all of us!!

Missy said...

What fun pictures!! I really liked the one with Abby in the car seat in the car...she's just so tiny compared to the car seat!! :)

Erin said...

I know what you mean, Missy. I look at the same picture of Katelynn on her first ride home and see how tiny she was and think, "No way that's Katelynn!" But it is. :)