Ready for Christmas
Some days I wonder if Katelynn will get any cuter and then she does!
Yesterday we were playing outside. She was coloring with her chalk and I was sitting in the camping chair working on my cross-stitch wall hanging for the new baby. Katelynn stopped what she was doing, came up behind me and gave me a big hug and kissed me on the side of the head and said, "I love you, Mommy!"
*slapping heart* It just gets you right there, doesn't it?
This morning her mischieveous side came out. The other day I wrapped presents that I had bought for other people while Katelynn watched. She was fine for a few days. She didn't notice that I had put them under the tree. On Wednesday while Matt was home, I did the "Santa" shopping for Katelynn & put the presents in my closet. Yesterday I wrapped them while she was napping and left them in the closet. Since they're from Santa I don't want to put them under the tree just yet.
This morning on two different occasions I heard paper rustling. Mm-hmm. You guessed it. She found the presents under the tree and later in the closet and was trying to peek! I steered her away from them with only a little mild protest from the sneaky peeker herself. At least this year she's not trying to destroy the tree, just tear into those corners a bit!

2 comments:
Wow, seaking already. Watch out!
Hmm...maybe you should wrap some "fake" presents to throw her off! :) Maybe you could box & wrap up some of your tupperware or a pair of shoes she already has and put that under the tree for her to "find!"
Post a Comment