Appy Mommy Day!
That is how Katelynn says "Happy Mother's Day"...I'm serious!!!
We had a really good weekend. Saturday we went to a local park to have our Sunday School Social with kids included. Matt & I both brought dessert. I made cupcakes and he made peach cobbler and based on the previous social we had attended, we both assumed that there would be around 30 or 40 people there including kids. Imagine our surprise when we got there and discovered it was only us and 3 other families. That was it!
Needless to say, we have lots of cupcakes and peach cobbler to devour. Sigh. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it!
We didn't do much else on Saturday other than Katelynn napped & I went to the grocery store. Yesterday, Katelynn gave me two cute cards, one of which she made at the nursery at church. I have to admit, that's my favorite one. :) When we got home from church our neighbor and her whole family were home next door. Since she has two grandsons that are Katelynn's age, they asked us if it was okay for Katelynn to come over and eat with Richard & Ari. We said sure! Katelynn spent most of the afternoon over there and had a blast. Our neighbor's kids bought her flowers, but since our neighbor is only next door on Sundays (she lives & works down south), before she left she brought over her bouquet of flowers for us to enjoy during the week. How sweet is she???
So, yeah, the weekend was really good. It was fun to watch Katelynn play her heart out at the park. It was sweet watching her fall asleep in Matt's arms last night (since she had boycotted her afternoon nap). It was really a refreshing, restorative weekend for me.
Sorry, there's no pictures of Katelynn. I tried to take her picture this morning, but she was having none of it. I'll look for more photo opportunities this week.
![]() |
| Mother's Day 2008 |


No comments:
Post a Comment