Tuesday, April 15, 2008

We're still here...

Sorry I've been quiet lately. Last week I tried, unsuccessfully, to potty train Katelynn using the "3 Day Potty Training" manual I had gotten. We stuck it out for the three days, but the poor girl just wasn't getting it. I talked to my mom about it and she said to lay off for a month and then try again. Keep at it and she will get it. It was a tough, tough week last week and I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.

Then the in-laws were in for the weekend. Good to have them down, as always! Saturday evening the grandparents, Matt & Katelynn all went to a baseball game. I got to stay home by myself for three hours. Ahhh...I needed that especially after this past week! Everybody won. Thank you!!! And Katelynn was a total ham for the game. She'd clap with the crowd. She'd say "Let's go!" and throw her arm out like everyone was doing. She even won two free movie tickets, some baseball cards and a hat too (I think). We think she's related to Angie because of the gift of getting free stuff. Ha ha!

This morning was interesting. I have to thank Katelynn for the service she provided. Sigh. She broke my cell phone. I had used it to call Matt at work and then had put it down to use the home phone to make a local call to our dentist. I had gotten off the phone with the dentist and in the meantime, Katelynn had picked up my phone and was playing with it. Well, I wanted to put my cell back on the charger and Katelynn still wanted to play with it. She had the receiver in her hand, I had the typepad part in my hand and SNAP! It is now in two halves. I called Matt back to tell him what had happened and we agreed we'd take care of it this weekend. Must have been a slow work day (or morning at least) since he went online and found a deal where we got a deep discount for signing up for 2 more years plus 2 free phones, one with a nifty GPS feature. The new phones should be here later in the week.

So we have two new phones with a better priced plan than the one we were previously on. Katelynn's a genius. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you sticking with sprint or getting a new carrier?

Anonymous said...

sorry, that was me, alley.

Erin said...

We are sticking with Sprint. We like it, anonymous. :)