Oh, Be Careful Little Ears!
For Matt's birthday he got a Ninetendo Wii game system and with it comes a pretty amazing sports package. There's tennis, baseball, bowling, golf and boxing. One initially would think that there would be no way that you could possibly get a workout playing video games, but au contraire! This is the most interactive system either of us has seen. In fact, in addition to Matt's workplace having two Wii's in their fitness center, we have heard stories of different hospitals using Wii's in their rehabilitation facilities.
Friday night we were playing the Wii and Katelynn was playing with her toys in the living room too. Matt was playing bowling and he kept missing the release. He'd hit the trigger to release before the system was ready, so he had to keep redoing it. After each miss, he would say "Dang it!" After a few misses, we hear this little voice from the blocks say "Ding it!" We need to really pay attention to what we say!
Katelynn really is starting to parrot everything (and I do mean everything!) we say. Yesterday we were working in our yard doing some much needed weeding and mulching. I would help Matt weed for a while and then go chase Katelynn out of the neighbor's yard, or from running down to the street or into the dry canal behind our house. I said something like "No! No! Katelynn, let's go!" Then I'd hear "No, no, no, let go!"
Our little parrot has become quite a musician too. She has figured out how to climb up on the keyboard bench, turn the keyboard on (along with several other buttons on it) and start playing the keyboard. Right now she's hanging out on the bench and I think it's time to get ready for the day. So I will leave you all for now, before Katelynn does something crazy.

No comments:
Post a Comment