Requesting Critter Help Please!!!
Hopefully I can get this off before I go to work this morning!
About 4:30-5am Matt wakes up very startled and he wakes me up asking, "Did I hear that?"
No. I was asleep.
Does he go back to sleep. Noooo...he turns on the flashlight and starts hunting for something all over the house. While I am now annoyed that I'm awake. He comes back to bed, "I can't find it, but I know I heard something!"
That's nice, dear.
A half hour later we both heard something, but I thought it was Matt cracking his knuckles or popping an ankle. That's what it sounded like to me. Again, he's up and looking for the thing that made the strange sound. Again, he can't find it.
Next thing we know it's time to get up and get ready and out the door Matt & Katelynn go. It's my turn to get ready. I finished with my shower when I looked down at the shower door threshold and thought to myself, "Oh geez, we really need to clean the shower. That is a lot of mildew down there." But it was all concentrated in one spot. I thought nothing of it until I started to open the door and the mildew spot moved!!!
I have a frog in my shower. So I did the only thing I could think of which was to tell the frog if it stayed put, I'd give him some space. I was able to get out of the shower without the frog either jumping on me or following me out.
I finished getting ready and I came out to the kitchen where I was going to get all my stuff ready to go and put it on the washer. I put everything there so I can just grab & go in the morning. I looked down at the floor (I really have to quit looking down this morning!) and there was a huge spider on the floor. It might have been a brown recluse, but I'm not sure. It definitely was not the Daddy Long Legs that I'm accustomed to back in Indiana. I didn't give him much time to run as I squashed him with my shoe and sent him down to a watery grave.
Yes, the frog is still in my shower. At least I know Matt wasn't hearing things last night.

No comments:
Post a Comment