August Update
Job Front: I have accepted a job at a local real estate company that is actually a part of the construction company I used to work for. The current admin is going on matenity leave in September and I will be taking over until the end of the year. I'm training part time right now since there is a lot to learn with her position. It's not difficult, but it's a lot to do. If the market picks back up, the manager has already told me that she would like to hire me as a second admin. But that is dependent on the wily real estate market down here. I like the people quite a bit and it's only 15-20 minutes away from our house and about 25 minutes away from daycare.
Katelynn front: The poor girl is getting one ear infection after another! She's halfway through her current round of antibiotics. We are keeping her out of daycare as much as possible so when she goes in for her next checkup next Thursday, we hope she won't have another ear infection (so she can get her shots 2 months late!). We've just been battling the ear infection thing for the past 6 weeks now. It's getting old.
She's really in a mimicking phase right now. She is saying a few words. "Daddy!" is unmistakable when Matt is mowing the lawn and Katelynn watches him from the windows. She screams it at the top of her little lungs and starts squealing and laughing whenever he passes by. She tries to mimic phrases we say like "Thank you." It comes out kind of like "Ru ru!" But my favorite mimic by far has to be taking a drink of something. You know how you gulp something down when you're really thirsty? And then you put the glass down and say "Ahh!" Katelynn watches us intently when we do that, then she picks up her sippy cup and does the same thing, with sparkles in her eyes and a huge smile across her face!
Matt update: Mr. Spaceman himself will be taking a class this fall to expand his rocket science knowledge. The great thing is that the company will be paying for it! Yea! It's actually a class he's always wanted to take, but the college just didn't offer it at the time.
So we're all doing pretty well, except for the unfortunate run ins with the ear infections. Here are some new Katelynn/family pics I've been meaning to post. Enjoy!
![]() |
| 3Aug07 |


1 comment:
Congrats on the job, Erin! I hope it works out for you long-term. And VERY cute pictures too! :)
Missy
Post a Comment