God Moment
Cool story to share with you all...Sunday after lunch I was cleaning up and making cookies. Matt was on the phone with his mom and Katelynn was down for her nap. I have rigid gas permeable contacts, aka "hard" contacts and they are around $80 a contact. Sometimes in the course of everyday living, I blink and occasionally my contact will either flip out of my eye or onto the white of my eye, which is very very painful.
Well, I had cinnamon sugar on my fingers from making Snickerdoodles and I was washing it off. Then I blinked. I felt the contact on my cheek and I instantly looked up towards the ceiling and then quickly shut the water off. In doing so, I think I must have looked down and the contact fell off my cheek. But I didn't hear it hit anything. I started to panic. This would mean the third time I have washed a contact down the drain in my life. Instantly I was on my hands and knees searching for it, muttering some 4 letter words under my breath, hoping that Matt wouldn't hear. He quickly got off the phone with his mom and started searching with me.
Was it on my clothes? No. Was it on the floormat? No. Was it on the floor? No. Was it on the counter? No. Was it in the sink? No. Was it in the drain catcher? No.
Look again.
I had looked at the drain catcher. It wasn't there. Matt took a second look and he moved it slightly and there it was. Matt came up with a plausible explanation of how it got there like all good engineers do, and maybe that's true. But I am hedging my bets that God caught my contact before it went down the drain.

No comments:
Post a Comment