Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Rockytop

Ah, we are back and refreshed from another Long family vacation. :D We drove straight through the night Wednesday night to get up to Mr. Spaceman's grandparents' house. By the time we got in, we were beat. Katelynn, however, was not. She was ready to play, play, play! I got my days mixed up and called my dad to see if he and Mom had left to join us in Tennessee. They were actually leaving the next day, Friday. Get some sleep, kid!!!

Grandma and Grandpa Long arrived Thursday night in time for us to go to Dollywood on Friday with the family. Can I just say that I really like Dollywood? I loved the music, the shopping, the food, the atmosphere and the mountains. I know Mr. Spaceman is just going to shake his head in disbelief. He spent his whole life trying to get away from all things related to country music and I reel him back in!!! Hee hee!!!!

Grandma and Grandpa Good arrived Friday night and the five of us went out for breakfast and then back to Mr. Spaceman's grandparents' house for a leisurely day of enjoying the scenery, playing in the baby pool (for Katelynn) and some much anticipated fishing by two of Katelynn's grandpas. They caught one catfish because a pole had been left out. I think he got thrown back in.

Speaking of the baby pool, Mr. Spaceman had a noble thought. He didn't want his daughter getting sunburned on her cute curly head. So he squirted, what he thought was, a "reasonable" amount of baby sunblock into his hands and smeared it all over her hair. Yes, it did its job. And yes, it didn't come out of her hair for 4 days!!!

On Monday, we went for a ride out in great-grandpa's boat and you'll see in the pictures below how Katelynn liked it. You'll also see her hair afterwards. Yep, she's got a 'fro going on. :D

Monday evening we drove back to Florida. Why is it that the drive back is harder and so stinkin' longer than the drive to your destination??? We made it back safe and sound and for the most part have adjusted to our normal everyday lives.


5JUN07 Tennessee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun pictures! She has teeth! Katelynn, I mean. Well, Erin too. But it's pretty much assumed at this point that Erin has teeth. Anyway...

And that girl has a LOTTA hair!! I see she is getting into the Beauty Pageant Perfectly-Coiffed Not-A-Hair-Out-Of-Place Big Hair look! :) I'll have to remember to use sunblock next time I want my hair to hold a style for a few days...

Looking forward to seeing you all in a couple weeks! :)

Anonymous said...

keep fighting the good fight, mr. spaceman. country music must be brought down!

it was great to see you in tennessee. glad you got back safely.