Thursday, June 21, 2007

Never a dull moment.

Our good friends, Missy and Angie, came down from Indiana to see us on their vacation! Woo-hoo! We love visitors!!! Just let me know beforehand when you're coming so I can get the house in order! They got in late Monday night. Tuesday we got to hang around the house while the water softener repair people were installing a new water softener.

Why did we get a new water softener? Sigh. Someone stole the controller on our water softener. Then we found out that the unit we had was an outdated one that the water softener industry quit producing back in 1990!!! The question was do we replace the controller and risk it getting stolen again and wait for the fiberglass on our tank to crack in the next couple of years or do we get a new system and have it installed inside the garage with a 10 year warranty? Hmm...well, you already know the answer...

Tuesday night we went out to a new Greek restaurant that wasn't too bad! Katelynn wasn't too impressed as most of her food landed on the floor. However she did get two women who came up to her and told her she was the cutest baby they'd ever seen. And one of them said asked us if we were going to start modeling her. Not this week.

Yesterday we decided to go to the beach. It was a lovely beach called "Bathtub Reef". Katelynn was not feeling the love towards the ocean. Matt got me an umbrella chair, so I sat in that and kept Katelynn in my lap while we had lunch and Matt, Missy & Angie played in the ocean. We kept Katelynn covered in sunblock, kept her cool and out of the direct sun and she had her sippy cup full of water and juice that she sipped throughout the day. Matt came back and gave me Katelynn leave so I could enjoy the ocean. He got out the beach toys and they started playing. She slowly warmed up to the beach. (Yes, pun intended!) Before we left we decided to see if we could get her to walk up to the ocean. She was fascinated with all the kids playing. I think that helped along with both of us holding her hands. A wave would come in and then she would start dancing in the sand. It was most cute!!!

I am happy to say that even though I did get a sunburn, it was a light one and I generally kept the sunblock on me most of the time. Katelynn did not get burned at all, but we think perhaps she was teething and she got a bad fever by the time we got home. She was up to 101.4, and it was hard to get an accurate read with a toddler swatting the thermometer away. We gave her Tylenol (the baby kind of course) but her fever was being stubborn. It just wasn't coming down very well. I'm a mom and I worry. So I called the on-call doctor and she said to just watch her and alternate between baby Tylenol and Ibuprofen, which we did. We decided to keep her home from daycare today and she is completely back to her normal self...no fever and running around like a happy girl.

I feel bad for Angie though... she got really sunburned. I mean, it's on par with the kind of sunburns I used to get. Then last night she had a slight fever and chills. This morning she seemed better, just sore. They left this morning to go to MGM Studios at Disney in Orlando. They might be hitting Dollywood on their way back too, but I'm not sure. They will let us know how they ended their vacation.

Katelynn's down for her morning nap and I'm enjoying the quiet. A post wouldn't be complete without pictures. Enjoy!

21Jun07

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have just one small question about the "day after" picture. why did you put my niece in jail?

Erin said...

She's not "in jail"! We have a baby fence put up around the perimeter of the room so she doesn't get into stuff that she's not supposed to. She has full access to the rest of the house though.

Anonymous said...

mmMMMmmmm...Hi. I'm Lenny the Lamb. I'm on vacation visiting my friends in Indiana. mmmMMMMmmmm. I need money. mmMMMMmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Lenny,
This is Rocky. Your not so distant cousin. You owe me money. You know what I do to little lambs who owe me money? Let's just say that you had better keep a sharp eye, Lenny. Keep a sharp eye.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaah! mmMMMMMmmmmMMMmmm. This is Lenny the Lamb again. I...I really REALLY need money. mmmmMMMMmmmmm. Can anyone help me please??? mmmmmMMMMMMmmmmm...

Anonymous said...

Rocky again. I can give you some more money. But, it is going to cost you. And I'm not talking interest rates here.

Anonymous said...

mmmmMMMMMMmmmmm....er...can anyone ELSE help me??? Someone with perhaps a kind forgiving heart, who will not charge me interest or threaten me? Hmmm? I'm just a cute little lamb, all alone in the world except for my well-meaning friends who are too poor to support my gambling habit and too mean to keep enabling me to...wait. Oops...did I say that out loud? mmmmMMMMMmmm...I mean. I LOVE my friends...

Anonymous said...

Lenny,
This is Lambie, your cousin in Texas. I would loan you money, but I have a small problem too. Rocky has me trapped in the corner and won't let me go until you pay him back. He said that he is going to eat my bow if you don't pay him the money you owe. Please, pay him! I love my bow. It's pretty, and he's getting drool on it.