Monday, February 05, 2007

A Long Awaited Victory - BO-YEA!!!!

After years of heart breaking disappointments, last night the Indianapolis Colts finally went to the big game and brought home the Vince Lombardi Trophy. Of course I wish I could be up in Indiana to go to the parade and see the players in person, but I feel comfortable watching the events from a far in relatively balmy 65 degree south Florida. Mrs. Spaceman forbade me from "excessively" cheering for my team as the wee one might have been disturbed by my excessively exuberant celebration of the Colts exploits on the old grid iron. When did I settle down and become "responsible"? I don't really know, I just woke up one morning and there you go.

Katelynn wore her Colts onsie into daycare to celebrate their victory. Dr. Spaceman forgot to do the laundry, and thus must wait until Tuesday to wear his Colts gear into work (sigh). The best part of watching the game was calling my family and friends back and forth during the game. It amazes me how we can all be scattered across the entire country, but come together to share the common experience of watching our home state team march on to victory in the super bowl.

1 comment:

Kylene said...

WOO HOOOOOO!!! wasn't that awesome? i love the colts!!!!

AND - it's so awesome that dungy and irsay along with lovie smith are strong christians. have you seen the cool pics from the locker room after they won? the colts were praying following their win. sweeeeet.